Day 8 - Aviemore nature reserve

Today it felt like we were winding down now and the final two days of the holiday.

I was planning a long bike ride, but shelved that idea and instead I went on one of my favourite walks to the nearest high point which has fantastic views.

Entrance


It only takes about 45 minutes to get to the top and the views are spectacular. It was quite cold but I packed extra layers to let me have my lunch at the top. It was still quite cloudy so not the photos aren't amazing.

View of Cairngorm mountain range

View South to Loch Insh

View North to Aviemore

On the walk back down, I set myself the task of trying to collect as many photos of colourful things as possible.








When I got back, Kathryn and I decided to put back to the Mountain cafe (yes, again!) for lunch. Again, we had to wait for about 20 minutes to get in. This time we were entertained by this elderly, and outspoken gentleman who told us about his previous time spent volunteering for the RSPB at the Osprey centre. This was quite fortunate to help the time pass.

Once inside, we got a nice table by the window. I order a salmon salad this time which was nice, and Kathryn had the same flatbread she had last time. This time our cake selection was chocolate.

Salmon salad

Mountain Cafe

I didn't do too much in the evening, just watched some tv and updated the blogs.

Comments