Day 2 - Durham

We made an effort today to make it part of the holiday by doing some things despite it being horrible weather today.

I went off early to help at Durham parkrun. It was raining throughout, and truly awful for being outside! It was so wet, and I was scanning the finishers barcodes. The combined issues of wet paper and steam up barcode scanner meant it wasn't easy. I got chatting to a few volunteers who made the time go a bit quicker! Afterwards I couldn't get home quick enough to get out of my wet clothes.

Start line of Durham parkrun
When I got back Izzy was getting into the holiday spirit already.


In the afternoon we went back to a familiar spot for us, the Washington Wetland Centre. We used to be members here back when we lived in Sunderland. We had a really nice walk around, saw lots of juvenile birds. It was quite windy but dry and not too cold. We left at about half five which was the closing time so their was virtually no one else there!






When we got back, we had dinner and got ourselves ready for the journey tomorrow!

Comments